The New River Resource Authority Waste Management Facility provides the New River Valley Region of Virginia with leadership in the solid waste management field. We are committed to the best management of the region's solid waste through education, recycling and proper disposal in order to protect the environment. This regional landfill is a state permitted facility to accept solid waste. We strive to provide services in a cost effective and safe manner. We are dedicated to helping our region flourish and our education programs promote these ideas to businesses, schools and the general public.
The following values represent the primary principles that guide the landfill and its staff. These values serve to direct our daily activities as we fulfill our mission.
- Excellence Employee performance in a superior fashion with the highest integrity while continually making improvements to our services and exceeding the highest expectation of our customers.
- Integrity Performing activities consistent with policy and regulation and in a manner that is morally right and good and being honest with our customers and each other.
- Accountable Obligated to be responsible and answerable for our performance.
- Efficiency Conducting our daily activities in a competent, responsive and productive manner while using our resources wisely.
- Leadership Commitment to service our customers and the landfill mission over ourselves while taking initiative to work creatively and with each other.
- Environmental Carry out our activities in a manner that protects the environment.
- Safety is an utmost concern and is emphasized for employees, customers and equipment.
- Financial Operate in a manner that continues the strong viability of the landfill while charging reasonable tipping fees and the use of any local tax supplement.
- Teamwork Employees showing flexibility, cooperation and commitment to the mission and to each other.
- Customer Service Strive for excellence to show we value and appreciate our customers whether at the landfill or in the community by being responsive and helpful.
- Rule Compliance Conscientiously comply with all appropriate county, state and local rules and regulations strengthening our overall operations.
- Longevity and Compaction Extend the life of the landfill as long as possible by recycling, proper separation of materials and effective compaction of waste.
- Education Communicate with our customers on existing and any new policies, ordinances, rules and regulations applying to recycling, solid waste and the landfill.
Hours of Operation:
- Monday - Friday 7:00am to 4:00pm
- Saturday 8:00am to 1:00pm
- Mulch Loader operation is Saturday only
7100 Cloyd's Mountain Road
PO Box 1246
Dublin VA 24084
Telephone: (540) 674-1677
Fax: (540) 674-1431